Acne can appear virtually anywhere on your face, and it basically means that you have clogged skin pores in the area it appears. Skin releases oils to naturally moisturize and protect itself during the day. When these oils fall into the pores with dirt, they can become inflamed. This inflammation is actually the body’s natural defense, since the swelling protects the injured area from bacteria and further infection.
The inflammation produced by acne typically goes away after about a week. Popping a pimple does not usually help it heal faster, since the body needs to naturally heal these areas. Premature popping of acne can result in scarring on the skin which can last a lifetime. There are some acne products in cream form which can help to make a pimple heal faster. These vary in price and brand, so you should check your local stores to see what they have available.
- What’s the difference between having acne and just having typical teenage skin?
- How do I get rid of acne and black spots in a month without using any products?
- Is it good to pop your zits or is it bad?
- How would I get rid of an itchy dry rash from acne products on my chest?
- How do you prevent acne scarring?